Report a Crime
To report a crime in progress, or for immediate police assistance:
Call 9-1-1. Do not text message 9-1-1.
- The RCMP does not accept reports of crime via email or social media. However, the Online Crime Reporting tool is available to report crimes that meet certain criteria.
- If you live outside Canada, contact your local police service and ask them to make a request for assistance from the appropriate Canadian law enforcement agency.
- suspicious activity or circumstance or less serious nuisance behavior
- or request follow-up information on a report you have previously made (Have your police file number available)
Contact us where the incident took place:
To report a crime that has already been committed:
- the Online Crime Reporting tool is available to report crimes that meet certain criteria
- alternatively, contact the Sunshine Coast RCMP or your local community policing office
a fraud/scam visit the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre
- online sexual exploitation of children:
- call the Integrated Child Exploitation Team (ICE): (604)598-4569, or
- visit Cybertip.ca
terrorism, criminal extremism or suspicious activities which could pose a threat to national safety and security: 1–800–420–5805 or email: RCMP.NSIN-RISN.GRC@rcmp-grc.gc.ca
a death - read the circumstances when natural deaths must be reported to the police
- Date modified: